Sunday, August 2, 2009

Lately..

It's been a while since my last post. I was kinda wanting to post this in hopes that it will help me get back in the grove of things.

Something that is starting to press on my heart is the fact that I am going into my Junior year of High School and I have done nothing but try and square away my own future. For example, at one point I just "went to church", but now I am up leading non believers and fellow believers in worship. I owe it all to God for him putting me on the right path and guiding me to become what I have become today, but now that I find myself wondering about the wrongs I made in the past and people in my past.

All throughout my years of school I had the opportunity to share the love of Christ with other kids. What I have begun to ask myself is: Why didn't I?

I remember a kid in my 2nd grade class that no one wanted to be around, but now I wonder how that one kids eternal life could have been changed if I would have been more like Christ, and befriended him even though he wasn't the coolest cat around. What's sad is, I can think of plenty other occasions that I could have spread the gospel or that I acted in a way that did not represent Christ.

Little things like sitting with someone that's alone at lunch or in the corner of a classroom maybe what brings that person to God. Maybe not that exact day, but it might be what plants the seed in their heart. I believe you should always be open to be used by God. You never know how he could use you to change the lives of others.

Are you willing to be used by God?

Hunter

1 comment:

Harper said...

convicting...I was in my late 20's before I started thinking that way. You've got a big head start, and I'm sure you'll take advantage.