Saturday, December 13, 2008

Christmas "give aways"



Ever since I was a little kid I have enjoyed Christmas. The food, the decorations, and just the overall atmosphere all added to my joy of Christmas. Of course the presents are a nice perk.  The Lovett family tradition is for everyone on my dads side of the family to meet at my Nana and Papa's house on Christmas eve. Most of my favorite memories have occurred at this annual family junction. My brother and I often recollect on these past Christmas eve's and yesterday was no exception. It was a conversation about how our Uncle Charles has gotten us the Hess truck toy that was made that year every year since we were born. These Hess trucks are almost a symbol of my early childhood. I greatly enjoy getting my Hess truck on Christmas eve, and I still have every one that he has ever given me. This present from my Uncle Charles is something of a Christmas "give away" because its one of those things that has always happened and is almost part of our family tradition itself.



No comments: